Open Your Wings Mixed Media Workshop
This workshop was originally live, but now all content is available at the time of signup. there will not be live video.
This workshop will gently guide you through two projects.
Faux encaustic work of art with found rusty elements and winged hearts. Two additional bonus projects using plaster, clay and image transfer.
These projects will journey through,
~ faux encaustic, ~plaster, ~clay, ~image transfer and ~collage
With prompts to help you spread your wings, find your creativity and journey through the process soulfully.
My goal with this workshop is to give you an intimate setting , to come as close as possible to teaching you live.
You'll receive a supply list, that is also available in the classroom. Believe it or not, there's not alot of supplies needed. Most items you'll already have. There'll be just a few things you might need to pick up.
You will also receive page after page of vintage papers and butterfly downloads to use in your projects.
A few more details
- I walk you through each technique step by step so that you understand the medium that you're using.
- We'll practice first, so that you can get a feel for what we're doing and get the jitters out.
- I create right along with you, and I don't just show you the process, but share the mood and feeling behind creating.
- You will have lifetime access
- Videos are downloadable.
- The classroom has a discussion area where students can reply amongst each other, ask questions, make comments and post pictures of projects and your process.
- All content is in the classroom, downloads, supply list and everything is downloadable.
- All content available at the time of signup.
- There are no refunds allowed due to the fact that you will have course content available to you.
- Classroom is viewed best on your desktop but is fully fuctional to be viewed on a tablet or mobile device.
Well Hello There!
I'm a mixed media artist living my dream of creating every day and my passion for art has been with me from childhood. I've been teaching and painting for over 20 years in many different mediums but found my art soul mate in mixed media.
I'm passionate about sharing my love for mixed media with you because I believe art, in any form, can change lives. It can heal and we can express emotion in ways that we can't with our words.
One of the other reasons I'm so passionate about mixed media is it can be so versatile and ANY level of a creator can create.
Life is a journey and sometimes not an easy one, and that's what drives me to create a life and art that encourages, teaches, uplifts and loves. When you take a piece of my art home with you or complete your own masterpiece from one of my workshops or using my stencils or any of the other wonderful tools I give you, my goal each and every time is for you to be inspired.
My favorite quote is by Maya Angelou: "I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. "
My greatest honor is if you would share this creative journey with me. That I might be able to inspire you with words and great tools to help you grow in your art practice.
Be inspired, create and know that you are loved!